Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some Of the Other--Wall Calendars

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday. I braved the Black Friday evening shopping crowds in search of good books. Oddly enough, I didn't purchase a single one. I did, however, look at a few different styles of yearly wall calendars. I've never really been much of a one for wall calendars, but I seem to keep finding myself looking at my apartment walls, hoping to find that I put one up and forgot about it knowing I'd need it later. No such luck ;)

The first calendar I looked at was a New Moon one. I had seen the movie with my cousin on Wednesday, and was curious what pics they would use. Edward was the featured pic for my birth month, but I figured I'd pass considering I actually wouldn't care to look at most of the characters the rest of the year (though January wasn't too bad, thank you Jacob). I later picked up one featuring different castles. The one on the cover (the same one for my birth month, oddly enough) was a beautiful, enchantingly mist-covered palace that touched the fantasy loving, hopeless romantic in me. I was sorely tempted, but set that one down to check out the waterfall calendar next to it.

After looking through a few more (including ones on historic Salt Lake City, France, and custom motorcycles), I finally left without purchasing anything, thinking wistfully of the day I would finally wise up and get one to put on the wall, so that I could forget all about it until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment