Monday, November 9, 2009

Some of That--The Librarian

So a few years ago TNT came out with a movie about The Librarian, who is in charge of guarding not only the largest collection of books ever (of course), but also many mystical, mythical, memorable artifacts, including but not limited to the Ark (both Noah's and that of the Covenant), Excalibur, Pandora's box, and many many more. Starring the charming Noah Wyle, aka Dr. Carter from ER, the movies are hilarious, cheesy in the extreme, and highly entertaining. The first one follows him as he is hired as The Librarian and travels to the amazon in search of the Spear of Destiny. The second movie finds him following in his father's footsteps to the mines of Solomon, and the third, of which I've only seen part, is the search for the Judas Chalice. The second one costars the actress that plays Fiona on Burn Notice, and the third costars the actress that plays Kate Beckett on Castle. Yay!

TNT had a marathon showing all three movies on Sunday. I had the first two playing in the background as I played around online and read my fav HP fanfic, but knew that I wouldn't be home for all of the third and so recorded it--thank goodness for ye olde VCR :) My good friend Lisa Murri gave me copies of the first two on dvd, and now I have the third. They may not be too solid on facts, but they are definitely a good way to have a good time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment